Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cathedral of St. John the Divine and a walk in The Park

Sunday dawned and we grabbed a quick breakfast snack and strolled up Amsterdam Avenue to the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, the third largest church in the world, (after St. Paul's in Rome, understandably, and another in the Ivory Coast, of all places- this according to Lonely Planet).


From Blogger Pictures


In the afternoon we took an walk in the park- Central Park. We entered just a few blocks from our hotel at Strawberry Fields. An ad-hoc tribute band was singing every Beatles song ever written. Just so happened they were singing "Strawberry Fields!" Click here to listen.


From Blogger Pictures


The Jazz Band playing improv was amazing, especially the trumpet player.
From Blogger Pictures

You can click here to list to some of his solo. It went on for a few minutes!

1 comment:

Private Loan said...

My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com) You can also whatsApp them at: at +44-75967-81743 (WhatsApp Only) .. and inform them Leah Brown addressed to you ..